Round French Oven 26cm
- 400g Pork Ribs,
- 2-3 bulb Garlic, washed
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1.5 litre Water
- 2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 sachet, Bak Kut Teh Ready-Packed (optional)
- 2 tbsp Black Peppercorn, lightly pounded
- 2 tbsp White Peppercorn, lightly pounded
- 3 Star Anise
- 1. PREPARATION: Bring a pot of water to boil, blanch the pork ribs for a few minutes, so that it reduces the need for skimming later. Remove and set aside.
- 2. TO COOK: Heat up a Round French Oven over medium heat with some cooking oil. Toss in garlic bulbs, pepper and star anise then lightly toast until aromatic.
- 3. Add in blanched pork ribs, stir for a few minutes or until moisture is drawn out of the meat. Add oyster sauce and soy sauce. Continue to cook for another 5 mins.
- 4. Pour in 1.5 litre of water and put the lid on. Let it simmer on low heat for about 1 hour . Season with salt and soy sauce if needed. Ready to be served with rice.