Round French Oven 22cm
- 1. Fatty pork shoulder 250g
- 2.Water 125ml
- 3. Barbecue honey 2 tablespoons
- 1. Soya sauce 1 tablespoon
- 2. Rose essence liquor (“Mei Kuei Lu Chiew”) 1 tablespoon
- 3.Sugar 1 tablespoon
- 4. Barbecue honey 1 tablespoon
- 5.Char Siu sauce 1 tablespoon
- 6. Ginger juice 1 tablespoon
- 7. Pepper little
- 1. Rinse and dry the pork. Score both sides in cross-cross pattern.
- 2. Marinate the pork for about 15 minutes.
- 3. Boil water in Le Creuset 22cm Round French Oven, then add in the pork and cook under medium-low heat with the lid on for about 15 minutes.
- 4. Brush honey on both sides of the pork, then cook under low heat with lid on for about 3minutes. (From now on, beware of cooking heat level, turn over the pork occasionally to prevent it from getting burnt)
- 5. Pour out the sauce, set aside. Continue to cook the pork and press it from time to time in order to brown the surface.
- 6. Slice the pork and serve hot with the sauce.
Le Creuset’s cast iron casserole distributes heat evenly and good at heat retention after enough preheat. Always use low heat when stewing which makes the meat more tender and allows them to absorb more flavour from sauce