Round French Oven 24cm
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 2 Red Chillis
- 10g Fresh Turmeric/ Ground
- 10g Ginger
- 8-10 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Fennel Seed
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder + 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (mixed into a paste)
- 50g Coconut Powder + 100ml Water / 1 packet Fresh Santan
- 500g Chicken Thigh or Drumsticks
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 2 stalks, Curry Leaves
- 1 stick, Cinnamon
- 2 Star Anise
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, wedges
- 2 Medium Potatoes, chunks
- 2 cups, Water
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1. In a Round French Oven, pour in vegetable oil and fry blended spices (paste)* until fragrant/darkened in colour.
- 2. Stir in cardamom, curry leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise and halved onion for 5 minutes until aromatic.
- 3. Pour in curry powder mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes. Season with sugar and salt.
- 4. Turn the heat up slightly. Add in chicken and cut potatoes – if it’s drying up, add in water gradually. Cook for another 5 minutes, then pour in the remaining water. Put lid on and let it simmer on low heat for 25 -30 minutes.
- 5. Bring the heat up to medium and add coconut milk/mixture. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes until it thickens.
Paste: Blend all spices in a food processor, adding oil gradually until it forms a paste consistency.Tips:
- Wood, silicone or heat-resistant plastic tools are recommended when cooking with Le Creuset.