Marmite Stir-Fry Pot 24cm
Ingredients (Hokkien Mee):
- 3 tbsp Lard Oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g Yellow Noodles, rinsed with hot water
- 200g Rice Vermicelli (Bee Hoon), soaked & softened
- 2 handful, Bean Sprouts, rinsed
- 2 stalks Chinese Chives, cut 5 cm in length
- 4-5 cloves, Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Fried Lard, pieces (optional)
- 2 Calamansi, halved
- 1 litre Water
- 6-8 Prawns, deveined (depending on the sizes)
- 250g, Squid, cut into rings
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp, Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce, to taste
- 1. PRAWN STOCK*: (i) Fry garlic with oil until aromatic. (ii) Toss in prawns (shell on) and squids, cook for 5 mins then add in 1L of water (iii) Remove prawns and squids and let it cool. Return only the shells and prawn heads back into the stock. (iv) Simmer on low heat for 30 mins. Strain and season with fish sauce and soy sauce.
- 2. COOK NOODLE: In a Marmite, heat lard oil and add in lightly beaten egg. Scramble the egg until semi set; quickly toss in yellow noodles, soaked rice vermicelli, and bean sprouts with another tablespoon of oil and stir-fry.
- 3. Gradually add 3 ladles of prawn stock. When the liquid dries up, push the noodles aside and add oil to stir fry garlic, pork lard pieces and Chinese chives.
- 4. Add remaining prawn stock and braise for a few minutes. Then, return the cooked prawns and squid rings into the noodles. Give it a final toss and heat off. Serve with more pork lards and cut calamansi.
*Stock can be prepared and frozen a day or week before use.