Recommended Cooking Tool:
- ½ cup Self Raising Flour
- ¼ cup Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 90ml Ice Cold Water or Sparkling Water
- 8-10 Ripe Bananas
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1. Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and add in ice water or sparkling water gradually. Mix until it forms a thick consistency without lumpy bits.
- 2. Drop halved bananas into batter and ensure that they are coated evenly.
- 3. Fill up half of the Balti Dish with vegetable oil in medium heat.
- 4. Fry until golden brown. Turn it over and cook for another 30 seconds. When ready, scoop it up with a skimmer spoon and let it cool.
- Cold water is the secret to crispy fritters.
- Drop some batter in the oil to check if its sizzling. If so, it is ready for deep frying.