Round French Oven 18cm
- Sliced pork belly or Sliced pork shoulder 150g
- Onions (Shredded) ½ piece
- Spring onions (finely chopped) Little
- Sesame Little
- 1. Apple ½ piece
- 2. Ginger 50g
- 3. Sugar 50g
- 4. Japanese Soya Sauce 130g
- 5. Mirin 130g
- Rice 2 cups
- Water 2 cups
- 1. Washed rice and add water into Le Creuset 18cm Round French Oven, and bring it to boil over medium-low heat with the lid on.
- 2. Take the lid off, continue to cook the rice until the bubbles appear. Put the lid on and cook for another 3-4 minutes over medium-low heat. Turn off the heat, set aside with the lid on for 30 minutes. Ready to serve the rice.
- Pork Shogayaki
- 1. Blend the sauce ingredients in a blender until chopped (or you may use the food mortar to prepare the apple and minced ginger) , bring it to boil and set aside.
- 2. Add the oil into Marmite, pre-heat over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- 3. Stir-fry the sliced pork belly for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir-fry until fragrant and drain out the excess oil from the Marmite. Add shredded onion and stir-fry for one minute. Then add in the sauce to cook until the sauce become thick.
- 4. Lay it on rice. Sprinkle sesame and spring onions. Ready to serve.
Le Creuset’s cast iron with black enamel interior has higher heat resistance which is prefect for frying dishes and can easily bring out the taste and flavour of food.