- Preheat the oven 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Take the eggs. Separate the whites from the yolk (put the whites to one side).
- Pour the chestnut cream into a salad bowl and beat it with a whisk for 2 minutes to soften it. Add the egg yolks and beat for a further 2 minutes.
- While still beating the mixture, gently pour in the liquid cream and mix well. Add the broken candied chestnuts.
- Prepare the bain marie: fill a rectangular dish with hot water (large enough to hold six ramekin moulds).
- Pour the mixture into the sandstone ramekin moulds and place each of these in the bain marie. Allow to cook in the oven for 30 minutes. When it is ready, the cream should not wobble. Allow to cool before serving. Decorate with a candied chestnut.