||1 1/2 cups|
- Line the pate terrine with plastic wrap.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of the heavy cream with the egg yolk. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl and set aside.
- In the saucepan combine chocolate, butter and corn syrup. Cook mixture over low heat until melted. Whisk in the strained egg mixture. Raise the heat to medium and cook, whisking constantly. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl beat remaining heavy cream with the vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture along with the chopped nuts, and then pour into the prepared terrine.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and add the pate cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Turn out the pate onto a serving dish and decorate as suggested above.