Recommended Cooking Tool:
Buffet Casserole 26cm
- 1 fish (about 800g)
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 sprigs spring onion (cut into short lengths)
- 1 sprig spring onion (finely chopped)
- Soy sauce for steamed fish to taste
- 1. Rinse the fish. Wipe dry both the insides and the outsides. Leave it at room temperature.
- 2. Pour water into the pot. Cover the lid and preheat over medium heat for 4 minutes. Drain all water.
- 3. Rinse the short lengths of spring onion in water. Transfer straight into the pot without draining. Arrange sliced ginger over the spring onion. Then put the fish on top.
- 4. Cover the lid and turn on medium-low heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn to low heat and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on. Then turn off the heat and leave the fish in the pot for 5 more minutes with the lid on.
- 5. Arrange finely chopped spring onion over the fish. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of smoking hot oil and soy sauce for steamed fish. Serve the whole pot.