Curry-scented Fried Chicken
Cocotte Every 18
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
- Cooking Oil (enough for deep frying)
- 1/2 Lemon (cut into wedges)
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Egg Yolk
Deep-frying Flour: (mixed well)
- 1 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Table Salt
- 1. Add marinade to the chicken pieces. Coat them evenly in the deep-frying flour mixture.
- 2. Pour enough oil for deep-frying into the cold pot. Turn on medium heat and preheat up to 180°C. (If you don’t have a cooking thermometer, put a small piece of lemon peel into the oil. Heat the pot until the lemon peel floats and starts to turn dry.)
- 3. Deep-fry the floured chicken in the hot oil until golden. Drain.
- 4. Squeeze some lemon juice on the chicken before serving for extra fragrance.
- Cocotte Every is deep in volume which can deep fried food with a smaller amount of oil. The cast iron material enables good heat retention. The temperature of oil is easy to control and gain good texture of the food.