Cocotte Every Recipe | Seafood Ramen in Milk Broth | Le Creuset Singapore |
Seafood Ramen in Milk Broth
Recommended Cookware Cocotte Every 18
150 g Assorted Seafood
100 g Pork (shredded)
300 g Baby Napa Cabbage (cut into short lengths, about 4 cm wide)
6 slices Japanese Fish Roll (about 1/2 cm thick each)
150 ml Water
400 ml Milk
100 g Ramen Noodles
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp grated Garlic
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Ground White Pepper
1 tbsp Rice Wine
3 tbsp Miso (Japanese bean paste)
3 g Bonito Bouillon Powder
1. Cook the ramen noodles according to the instructions on the package. Rinse in cold water. Drain and set aside.
2. Pour oil into the cold pot. Turn on medium heat and preheat for 4 minutes.
3. Stir-fry garlic until fragrant. Add seafood and pork. Season with salt and ground white pepper. Toss for 2 minutes.
4. Add baby Napa cabbage and stir for 2 minutes. Sizzle with rice wine. Stir in miso until well incorporated. Add bonito bouillon powder, water and milk. Bring to the boil over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Put in the ramen noodles from step 1. Add Japanese fish roll. Bring to the boil and turn off the heat. Sprinkle with sliced leeks. Serve.
After preheating, cast iron pots are higher in temperature than regular pots. The ingredients are seared, and juices are sealed in immediately once it hits the pot. That’s why the skin is especially crispy while the soup made with it is especially rich in taste. You can fry the ingredients and make the soup in the same cast iron pot, saving you the trouble of cleaning more cookware.